21 Questions to Ask Your Kids About School
It’s hard to believe that another school year has come and gone! As kids get ready to enjoy their summer vacation now is the perfect time to capture some of your children’s memories of the year-that-was by doing a little end-of-school interview. This is a great way to use the LifeTales app to help you record their thoughts, told in the way that only little kids can.
Remember: kids are notorious for giving one-word answers that don’t tell you much of anything. Make sure you’re asking open-ended questions to get them talking and keep your conversation going. Here are a few to get you started.
- What was the biggest difference between school this year and school last year?
- Tell me about the best part of your day at school this year.
- What was the worst thing about your day at school this year?
- What was the hardest thing you had to do in a school day?
- Tell me about your favourite book you read this year in class.
- What are some rules that are different at school than at home? Do you think those rules are fair?
- What will you remember most about your teacher?
- What’s one thing you learned this year that’s really stuck with you?
- What do you wish you could do more of at school?
- What do you wish you could do less of at school?
- Tell me about the four kids who sat closest to you in class.
- Which kids in your class did you enjoy talking with the most?
- Who was the class clown, or the funniest kid in your class?
- Who sat near you at lunch?
- What was the funniest thing someone said/did at lunch?
- What did most kids do at recess?
- What was the best/most popular game at recess?
- What did you play/talk about at recess?
- Tell me about the things you’ll miss most about school over the summer.
- What won’t you miss about school while you’re off for the summer?
- What’s one thing you’re looking forward to doing this summer?