Frequently Asked Questions
What is LifeTales?
LifeTales is a private social network designed to help you share and remember stories with those closest to you.
How does it work?
On LifeTales you can create and share stories with friends. Stories are made up of photos, videos, text and audio voiceovers. You can include these together to make a really compelling story. Of course, LifeTales is also a place where your friends will share their stories with you as well.
How do I get the app?
How much does LifeTales cost?
Who can see my info?
LifeTales does not use public profiles, so nobody can see your info until you accept their friend request. Becoming a friend means that they can see your name and profile photo. Friends can’t see any of your stories until you share it with them.
How does privacy work?
Only the people who you pick to see a story can see it. Each story you create has its own audience, so that only the friends you invite to a particular story can see it. If a story has been shared with you, you can see who else it’s been shared with by tapping the (i) icon.
Who can see my comments?
Only the people who the story is shared with.
Will you give out my information to any marketing company?
We do NOT sell, rent or give away our member's personal email addresses or other personal information to any third party company under any circumstance.
Can I delete a story I've created?
Yes, you can delete any story that you’ve created.
- From the Story List screen, swipe left on a story that you’ve created.
- You should see a Delete button show up.
- Tap the Delete button, confirm, and that’s it! Your story is gone from your Story List and the Story List of everyone it was shared with.
We will soon be adding the ability to delete stories that others have shared with you as well.
What is linking? How does it help me?
Linking enables you to combine two or more media items in a row in your story. It lets you see the media items together as one post, removes the like and comment bars from each item, and lets your friends and family leave comments on the page as a whole.
Linking can be used to:
- Add some text commentary to a photo or video.
- Add audio voiceover to a photo.
- Group photos together to have them show up in a row.
- Combine anything that you’d want to show together.
To link media items in a story you’ve created:
- Tap the icon in the top right to edit.
- Scroll to the media items you want to link.
- Make sure they are next to each other. If they’re not you can [move items around].
- Tap the on the right-hand side.
- That’s it, you’ve linked items together!
You may tap the at any point to unlink the items.
Can I rearrange photos, videos, audio or text pages in my story?
Yes, you can rearrange any of individual media items (photos, videos, audio, text), as well as any pages (multiple linked media items) that are in a story you’ve created. To rearrange items:
- From a story that you’ve created, tap the icon in the top right to edit.
- Tap the on the item you want to move.
- Scroll to the place where you want to move your selected item to.
- Tap the .
- You’ve successfully rearranged your story!
How do I report offensive content?
You can email us at email@example.com about any content you find offensive and we’ll look into it as soon as possible.
I can’t login
LifeTales requires SMS or email verification. Once you enter your SMS or email address you will be sent a link that is valid for 24 hours that will verify your login. You will then need to Sign Up or Sign In.
How do I delete my account?
We are sorry that you want to leave LifeTales. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you with deleting your account.
What if LifeTales discontinues service? What happens to my stuff?
We believe that you own your content and preserving your access to such content is important. In the unlikely case that we discontinue our services, we will give you reasonable advance notice and a chance to download all of your content from our servers.
Where can I get additional support?
For any questions you may have please email email@example.com